Red Pocket makes it simple for you to upgrade to your new phone at any time.
When you are looking to purchase or swap to a new phone, be sure to first validate your new phone’s at RedPocket.com/activate, by choosing the option to “check your device compatibility.”.
NOTE: Due to changes made by Red Pocket Mobile's underlying carrier for the CDMA network, only HD compatible devices will be eligible for new activations after 4/30/2019.
How do I find my phone’s IMEI?
You can find your/IMEI in one of three ways:
- Dial *#06# on your android phone.
- Go into Settings on your phone.
- For iPhone : Settings >> General >> About
- For Android : Settings >> About >> Phones >> Status
- Remove your phone's battery and look for your IMEI on a sticker in the battery compartment.
Once you have confirmed your new device is valid:
- Pop out your Red Pocket SIM chip from your current phone.
- With your new phone turned off, pop out the SIM tray and insert your Red Pocket SIM chip.
- Power on your new phone and it will program automatically.
What will happen if I put my SIM chip into a phone that is not validated?
If you insert your CDMA SIM chip into a phone that is not validated, your services will not work properly, including text and data, and all calls will be routed to customer service.
Learn more about CDMA phone validation here.
What are my options if the new phone I have is not validated for use on the CDMA network?
If your new phone is not valid for use on the CDMA network, and is an LTE capable device, you may still be able to use it on one or more of the 3 other networks offered by Red Pocket Mobile. Learn more about switching your existing number to a different network here.