Posted by Red Pocket Mobile Customer Service on 20 June 2012 06:23 PM
Note: Opera mini has to be installed. This is the only way to you can bypass blackberry servers and use normal apn to access websites. You will not be able to use blackberry messenger or any other built in browser nor any other Blackberry services.
For Gmail app, if you have it already installed you will have to uninstall it and reinstall a fresh one.
Setting the APN
2. Select Advanced Options.
3. Select TCP (Option will say TCP/IP on OS 4.6 and higher).
4. If applicable, check mark the APN Settings Enabled box.
5. Enter att.mvno as the APN. Ensure no entries in the username or password fields.
6. Click the back arrow and then select Save.
Delete any existing Carrier Service Books
1. Select Options then select Advanced Options.
2. Scroll down and select Service Books.
3. Delete any listings for [browser configuration].
4. Back out and save the changes.
2. Checkmark the Wi-Fi checkbox.
3. Select Setup Wi-Fi.
4. Select Scan for Networks.
5. Connect to an available network.
6. Open the Browser icon.
7. Select Go to from the Blackberry menu key and go to http://mini.opera.com (NOTE: If the browser still says no network connection press the menu button, select Options-General, and switch to the Hotspot browser.
8. Download/install the Opera Mini browser.
9. Once installed, power cycle the Blackberry.
Opera Browser Download and Installation from a personal computer (makesure the Blackberry Desktop Manager software is installed):
2. Click the Download Opera Mini link.
3. Select your Blackberry model from the drop-down list.(Note: If you don’t see your specific Blackberry model, choose OperaMini generic)
4. Follow the prompts and download the software to the desktop.
5. Right-click the downloaded software and select Extract All (a new,unzipped folder will appear on the desktop).
6. Plug the Blackberry in to the PC via USB cable connection.
7. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager.8. Click on the Application Loader icon.
9. Click the Browse button and browse to the downloaded and unzippedfolder and then select the operette-hifi-en-us-nojsr75.alx file.
10. Click Next from the Blackberry Desktop Manager and follow theinstallation prompts.
2. Click on “Open”.
3. Message opens up “The application Opera Mini is attempting to invoke the browser to view m.google.com. Would you like to allowthis?”
4. Click Yes.
5. Click on Download.
2. Click on “Install Now”.
3. Follow any further instructions.
Link can be found here:http://easygodealers.wordpress.com/how-tos-2/blackberry-how-to-red-pocket/